Things I Made
A collection of random things around (web) development I found interesting or useful.
A site I once made for my mother. It's the minimalistic kind of beautiful I love. I also included a tiny file-based mini content-management system to allow her to edit any text snippet on the site, and to add / edit items in the gallery.
- Reads in a folder structure and converts each folder into a page in a nested web page.
- Each folder can contain an
index.html(or index.md and others) for content, and a
index.jsonto set/override various parameters, allowing for easy restructuring by just moving folders around.
- In addition to HTML and Markdown, supports an extremely minimalistic markdown-like .jot file format, basically just for links and indented lists.
- Navigating between pages and expanding and collapsing items in the menu is done completely in CSS.
- Switchable color themes.
- Theoretically switchable layouts as well (but no good layouts made to use that with yet)
- Uses HTML inline editable elements (just click titles and content to edit)
- Saves changes automatically to local browser storage.
- export/import notes as JSON